MERANI FAMILY genoa, Italy... help?

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
veeeyepee

MERANI FAMILY genoa, Italy... help?

Post by veeeyepee »

I would greatly appreciate any help someone could give, in order to allow me to look further into my Italian ancestry. I am searching for my grandparents- both whom are too old to be doing this, but both are desperate to know about their relatives.

I have a great great great grandfather called Giacomo merani. he emmigrated to liverpool, England, from Genoa, Italy, some time between 1835 (the year of his birth) and 1871 (the year of his marriage.) On his marriage certificate it states that his father was called Pasquale Merani, a sea mariner like giacomo; however it does not bare any details as to where in italy they lived.
Giacomo married a Liverpudian lady; Mary Winter, whos father was called Thomas Winter (a tailor) and mother called (Isabella harrison). Giacomo and Mary had 4 children- mary, John, Maragaret and Isabella.

I would really appreciate any help offered, and would love to find further information about Pasquale inparticularly.

Im sure any leads ill be helpful. Thank you from myself and my grandparents,
sarah