Trying to Locate Family in Naples

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
yukon1

Trying to Locate Family in Naples

Postby yukon1 » 20 Jul 2008, 16:52

Hello,
My mother is from Naples italy. She has not been in contact with her relatives for many years. Her maiden name is Liguori. Her parents have passed but her brother had 5 children. The family name is Liguori and they lived in La Logetta, Naples. Other than the online phone books, is there any other way to research where the family members might be? She is planning a trip home to Napes next summer. Any advise would be greatly appreciated
Linda

jeannierivera
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Trying to Locate Family in Naples

Postby jeannierivera » 22 Aug 2008, 20:14

Hello, I was just reading about requestings a family certificate - if I understand correctly if you write to the comune the can provide information on the family that is still there and where they are. I am not positive of this in any way I was just reading through some website on being able to find my gg-grandfather's birth place, which my grandfather told me was naples.

http://www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwi ... earch.html

This is the website I was reading look at the "Writing to Italy" section. Hope it is helpful. Good luck.

PeterTimber
Master
Master

Postby PeterTimber » 22 Aug 2008, 21:39

La loggetta is a neighborhood in Napoli and at its heart is the Campo Sportivo at Via Romolo e Remo 1, Napoli. Normally a neighborhood is listed as a frazione along with a suburb that might have been added to a city or town but in this case La Loggetta is simply a long standing neighborhood and not even listed as a "frazione" and is oversdhadowed by the Campo Portivo. if you go to www.google.com and put in the title La Loggetta napoli Italy about 15 priominent locations inthe neighborhood will surface.

Now finding relatives outside of the telephone directory is a hard number!If you go to www.paginebianche.it and put in the family name in the first line and Napoli in the second line clikcing CERCA about 350 persons having your surname will come up. You would have to know the streets of La Loggetta to find any possible relatives and since many may have moved away it will be difficult even if you know the full names. Perhaps your relatives, if any, in La Loggetta can assist you in locating family memebrs prior to the visit next year. =peter=

yukon1

Postby yukon1 » 24 Aug 2008, 22:33

Thank you for your help. Hope you are having a nice weekend
Linda from Alaska

PeterTimber
Master
Master

Postby PeterTimber » 25 Aug 2008, 01:06

Dear Yukon 1 I have not been able to help you but shoould you come up with any shred of information which to maybe trivial andnot important is a clue for us to probe further and faster. Any old fotos, letters with stamop marks, return addresses, photgoraphers names or adress, oral family history about the family, church a nd church Saints , unusual first names in family..anything please let us know! This is now no longer genelaogy it is an adventure!!!!!!!!!!!=Peter=

Return to “Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship”