Any opinions on the new USCIS Genealogy Program?

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
gennattasio
Veteran
Veteran

Any opinions on the new USCIS Genealogy Program?

Postby gennattasio » 02 Aug 2008, 23:52

I just received a letter from USCIS notifying me that my pending FOIA request qualifies for the new USCIS Genealogy program which starts Aug 13, 2008. They wanted to know if I would like to withdraw my request and resubmit it to the new pay for program. Genealogy requests are no longer going to be processed by the National Records Center FOIA office.
They already sent me the wrong documents and bumped me to the back of the bus again on appeal. The appeal is taking way longer than my original request. Checking the online status of my 1 request and 1 appeal it seems like it could take years but I don't want to get bumped back all over again with the new program. Any opinions out there?

wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Re: Any opinions on the new USCIS Genealogy Program?

Postby wldspirit » 03 Aug 2008, 04:27

See the following for more complete information on the new program:

Summary

The new program is aimed at seperating genealogy request from standard
FOIA request, thus eliminating what has become an overly long wait time..........will it work? We'll have to "wait and see"...... :wink:
wldspirit

"Cambiano i suonatori ma la musica è sempre quella."

Return to “Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship”