Why are you getting YOUR Italian citizenship?

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
Aemilia

Why are you getting YOUR Italian citizenship?

Postby Aemilia » 03 Aug 2008, 07:03

Are you doing it for sentimental purposes? Do you intend to move back to Italy or elsewhere in the European Union?

Post the reasons why you're willing to go through hell to gain your Italian citizenship here.

PeterTimber
Master
Master

Re: Why are you getting YOUR Italian citizenship?

Postby PeterTimber » 03 Aug 2008, 10:34

You can pass it on to your children who will, in all likelyhood, sorely need it. =Peter=

mler
Master
Master

Postby mler » 03 Aug 2008, 15:28

It is unlikely that I will ever permanently live in Italy, but perhaps someday my children or grandchildren may choose to do so, and now they have this option (although I tend to think this won't happen).

I initially applied because, as I learned more and more about my family, I felt a stronger connection to the land they chose to leave. When I discovered I was eligible, I decided to apply; and my son enthusiastically joined me.

There were a few problem spots along the way, but once I got started, I was determined to take it through to the end; and two months ago, we were rewarded for the effort.

I was excited to get the letter, but it doesn't affect my world all that much. This month we plan to go to the consulate for our passports, and I am planning another trip to Italy next year. Wonder if it will feel different. :D

PeterTimber
Master
Master

Postby PeterTimber » 03 Aug 2008, 16:06

Probably not but take comfort in the knowledge that the USA is being dissolved with the North American (and eventual central america joining in) union with Canada and Mexico. Borders will go the way of the roads, bridges and infrastructure being sold to foreign countries so that American willl ownnothing;they being sold by current polticians for enormous profits which they will dip into as they plunge toward Chile and Argentina. Not too long ago (Google.com title Planned Bush land purchase 95,000 acres in Paraguay)President Bush's daughter went down there to buy the land which stands over one of the largest reserve of fresh water on the planet,a gigantic aquifer that lies under parts of Brazil, Uruguay, Paraguay and Argentina and larger than Texas and california put together. Fresh water (non radioactive and far from war areas is tomorrows oil).

When you get your new drivers licence look at the holagram on the licence showing Canada, Mexico and the USA without borders. The new money the silver backed Amero is already being printed in Denver mint and a suggested name will be MEXICANAMERICA. =Peter=

JamesBianco
Staff
Staff

Postby JamesBianco » 03 Aug 2008, 18:09

I am only waiting now for the USCIS letter of "no record found" and I will make an appointment with my consulate.

It is purely sentimental in my case, I am so very proud of my heritage and the particular paternal great-grandfather I am going through. He passed away in an institution at the age of 36, where he had been a patient for 8 years.

mler
Master
Master

Postby mler » 03 Aug 2008, 18:51

Peter, you're scaring me. :cry:

PeterTimber
Master
Master

Postby PeterTimber » 03 Aug 2008, 20:39

What makes things worse is the fact that US citizens have no vote in this as they know it would never pass. They are doing all this by rules, regulations, policy and procedures. The major highway from Mexico to Canada is 4 football field wide and being sold to Spain and in Canada th ehighway is going from Vancouver to Halifax in one grand "T" with Mexico Texas and all the states in a line to join the east west highway in Canada.

It is happening before your eyes with jobs being shipped out of the uSA, the dollar being debased and our standard of living declining fast than you wish. This is why they want to legalize the 20 million mexicans in this country so that in the very near future there ewillnot be any real borders. You can wave the American flag all you want we are on our way out.

We will all be gone to our reward in les than 100 years so Mangia e Beve!!=Peter=

mler
Master
Master

Postby mler » 03 Aug 2008, 22:52

Peter, I like the "mangia" and "beve" suggestion, but I'm on a serious diet.

My husband told me he heard that President Bush was **SPAM** U.S. highways to foreign countries, and I thought he was joking! Guess there's a reason to be scared.

My husband said that this is just another example of outsourcing gone amok. I am so p----d. (We need an "I'm really angry" emoticon.)

mmonico
Rookie
Rookie

Postby mmonico » 05 Aug 2008, 18:45

I plan on moving to Italy when I get my dual citizenship. Actually I may be moving there in the next few weeks. I love my country but its going to H___l in a hand basket quick.

gmatassa

Postby gmatassa » 05 Aug 2008, 19:24

I'm doing it for sentimental reasons. It's just one way to connect to my roots and visit family in Sicily more often. It would be helpful in getting a job, too, either here or the EU. I'm definitely not planning on fleeing the US, though.

PeterTimber
Master
Master

Postby PeterTimber » 05 Aug 2008, 21:30

I do not have to say more except go to www.google,com and put in AMERO DOLLAR and then weep!!!!=Peter=

gmatassa

Postby gmatassa » 05 Aug 2008, 22:25

The Amero and North American Union concept may not be as imminent as it may appear. I looked into it and noticed that none of the major news corporations had information on the Amero or the NAU, but I did find this article on boston.com that claims it's a conspiracy. Who knows who's right, but it's worth looking at the article.

http://www.boston.com/bostonglobe/ideas/articles/2007/11/25/the_amero_conspiracy/

I hope this helps quell some fears. Regardless though, it's worth being able to escape to Italy for a variety of other reasons too.

PeterTimber
Master
Master

Postby PeterTimber » 05 Aug 2008, 23:56

You have to be kidding. Just go to Google.com and put in Amero dollar, and change he title to ZNZorth American Union. Further just listen to nationwide late night radio WABC (NYC) 770 Coast to Coast after midnight to hear solid evidence which you are PURPOSELY denying or minimizing. Only last week they tried to sell highways and only yesterday Congrtess gave approval for 3 year extension for Mexico truckers and trucks to be able to cross into the USA without checking on the drivers or their trucks!!!!!!..What you really would deny is the rebuilding or the POW WW11 detentiion camps out west and in Alaska and the creation of prisoner freight trains converted to prisoner transportation for camps in each state of the union...why?? =Peter=

PeterTimber
Master
Master

Postby PeterTimber » 06 Aug 2008, 00:20

It may also be worth looking into this website www.rense.com/general17/statebystate.htm =Peter=

JamesBianco
Staff
Staff

Postby JamesBianco » 06 Aug 2008, 00:33

This thread is fast becoming a political discussion, completely off course.

Can we keep to the topic please?

Thank You

:D

Return to “Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship”