Italy to Argentina

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
ItalianLori
Rookie
Rookie

Italy to Argentina

Postby ItalianLori » 24 Aug 2008, 20:13

Hello:
While making "baby steps" in my research, I have found that one of my grandfather's brothers, Giacomo Pionzio born 1899 in Azeglio, Torino, emigrated to Argentina and worked as a gaucho on the pampas, (according to legend) I have tried to obtain the date of his
passage to Argentina on Altriatale.it but can not open any of the links or pages to this cite. Any advices on what I am doing wrong?

Many thanks for you guidance and assistance.

Lori

PeterTimber
Master
Master

Re: Italy to Argentina

Postby PeterTimber » 25 Aug 2008, 01:20

There is a record for one(1) PIONZIO (no first names are provided) is listed as entering Argentina. Further chekcks do not reflect any Ponzio at all BUT I found you a possible relative:

His name is Fermin C. Pionzio
Calvo Carlos 6648
Buenos Aires, Trujui- Moreno
CP(B1736AJN) Argentina

His telephone number is 237-481-9008.

Yoy do not say whether you know Spanish but he might know english so give him a call and if he does not understand then you can always write him a letter in simple english or go to a local high school and ask a spanish teacher to translate a letter for you. =Peter=

Return to “Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship”