Tristani / Tristany in Abruzzo

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
Tristany

Tristani / Tristany in Abruzzo

Post by Tristany »

Looking for any info on the Tristany or Tristani family in Abruzzo??
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Re: Tristani / Tristany in Abruzzo

Post by PeterTimber »

There are about5 cities, towns or villages in Abruzzo region having persons surnamed TRISTANI. If you go to the www.paginebianche.it and put in Tristanti int he first line and Abruzzo in second line and click CERCA all9 Tristani surnamed persons will show up in their respective comunes. Perhaps when you see the name of the comune that strikes you as being your family comune of origin you can then get back to us so that we can check to see whether their are microfilms of the civil records of your town of origin which usually date from 1809 to 1900. =Peter=
Tristany

Post by Tristany »

Peter,

Thank you very much. My grandfather is from Pettorano Sul Gizie but I do not see the community on the list that comes up. Castel di Sangro and Sulmona have been mentioned by my family.

Your help is greatly appreciated!!

Mike Tristany
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

Dear Tristany all 3 comune's have their vital records on microfilm dating from 1809 to 1865 and not up to 190. You may inquire from the Comune of interest to you whether vital records from 1865 to 1900 are archived in the Provincial archives. =Peter=
Tristany

Post by Tristany »

Hi Peter,

Would I just contact someone in each community? Is there a way to do that? Sorry to be so uninformed about the process but I am thoroughly enjoying it!

Mike
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

If you wish documents you write to the municipal hall in your grandfathers town of origin andyear of birth request his birth record and if you happen to know your Great grandfathers first name request his birth record as well.

Since your just starting out may I suggst that you read the following How to doyour own FREE Italian genealogy research at http://www.anzwers.org/free/italiangen/ ... earch.html

If you wish to write a letter to someone who may be a potential relative then go to www.mangeruca.com for a "form" letter in Italian designed to be read by a potential relative in Italy.

If you have any further questions please get back to us. =Peter=