Anagrafe Comune di Roma

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
Corte

Anagrafe Comune di Roma

Postby Corte » 05 Sep 2008, 02:45

I have tried to obtain a birth record from what I thought was the appropriate office in Rome:

Anagrafe Comune di Roma
Via Luigi Petroselli,50
00186 Roma

I sent the request months ago by snail mail. No response whatsoever. Is this unusual? Why don't they even answer? I have also tried to communicate with them by email. It is like a black hole. Does anyone have a contact that has worked?

PeterTimber
Master
Master

Re: Anagrafe Comune di Roma

Postby PeterTimber » 05 Sep 2008, 03:20

The address is correct but perhaps you should send another request. Siunce you did not say and I do not want to overlook the obvious did you make your request in Italian language and did you include $5.00 in a self addressed envelope for stamps (aka tip) since the clerks do their research at end of day and are usually poorly paid. =Peter=

Corte

Postby Corte » 05 Sep 2008, 03:25

I did not include the $ and maybe I said it wrong? This is what I said...

L’Anagrafe centrale di Roma
Via Luigi Petroselli 50,
Roma, 00186 Italia

Il mio padre, CORTE, Luigi Rafael, un cittadino italiano, era il 23 marzo 1925 nato a Budapest, Ungheria. In 1948 è stato pubblicato un passaporto all'ambasciata italiana a Budapest. Allegato trovi prego le copie del suo certificato di nascita ungherese e del suo passaporto dei 1948 italiani.

Sto tentando di documentare la mia destra alla cittadinanza italiana, Jure Sanguinis. Per agire in tal modo ho bisogno di una copia del registro della nascita del mio padre (Estratto di Nascitta). Credo che possa essere registrata nel vostro ufficio.

Potreste prego inoltrarmi dei documenti voi avere che lo aiuterà a documentare la nascita del mio padre e la sua destra alla cittadinanza italiana? Lascilo prego sapere se mi richiedete niente altro.

Grazie per assistenza.

In English, what I hope I said:

My Father, CORTE, Luigi Rafael, an Italian citizen, was born March 23 1925 in Budapest, Hungary. In 1948 he was issued a passport at the Italian Embassy in Budapest. Attached please find copies of his Hungarian Birth Certificate and of his 1948 Italian Passport.

I am attempting to document my right to Italian citizenship, Jure Sanguinis. To do so I need a copy of the registration of my father’s birth (Estratto di Nascitta). I believe that it may have been registered in your office.

Could you please send me any documents you have that will help me document my father’s birth, and his right to Italian citizenship? Please let me know if you require anything else from me.

Thank you for assistance.

PeterTimber
Master
Master

Postby PeterTimber » 05 Sep 2008, 03:49

Form letters in Italian for documents, potential relatives, military etc are located at www.ma ngeruca.com =Peter=

PeterTimber
Master
Master

Postby PeterTimber » 05 Sep 2008, 03:49

Italysearcher
Master
Master

Postby Italysearcher » 05 Sep 2008, 11:29

The Anagrafe in Rome has never required money from me, just a stamped, addressed envelope. Peter is right to suggest 5 euro (for stamps). They do take a long time to answer. 2-3 months if I remember correctly.
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.wordpress.com
ANNOYING THE SAINTS - Stories of my Life in Italy. http://www.lulu.com/content/paperback-b ... ly/7731505

Return to “Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship”