A question about children over 21

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
phil100a
Rookie
Rookie

A question about children over 21

Postby phil100a » 22 Sep 2008, 03:02

As I approach completion of the first part of this process (document procurement) I have a question about my daughter. I would like to give her the gift of Italian citizenship; she has studied the language and visited many times. She is thinking about starting a business there.

When I submit the papers, does she have to fill out a separate application (the main application) along with mine?

I have looked at the application - it's from the San Francisco Consulate. The application is attached. I'm a little fuzzy on how to fill one part of this application out, as my citizenship has passed through my GF.

The part that asks for my GF's information - includng Naturalization # is pretty simple, but what do I put into my father's section? Just his basic info (as he never naturalized, or declared citizenship (officially)

I'm also have a question about how my daughter would fill this same form out, assuming that it is required.

If anyone has insights or advice, it's much appreciated.

Grazie mille!

Return to “Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship”