Immigration Italy to England in 1850

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
anniebb

Immigration Italy to England in 1850

Postby anniebb » 04 Oct 2008, 14:21

I am trying to find any information about my GG grandfather Francisco Posca who was born abt 1834 in Italy. I have records of him in Liverpool England from 1851 and he later married and had a family in England. Does anyone have a connection to this family or can you help me find out about his background in Italy?

PeterTimber
Master
Master

Re: Immigration Italy to England in 1850

Postby PeterTimber » 04 Oct 2008, 14:50

Under ancestor search all resources inthe www.familysearch,org put in FRANCESCO (not francisco) POSCA there are listings for about this time in Torre Di Ruggiero, Catanzaro province. In additon in the current listing for POSCA in that same Comune (town) there is a listing for Francesco Posca.

Go to www.paginebianche.it and put in Posca inthe first line and Torre Di Ruggiero in the second line and click CERCA for his current address and telephone number. He may very well be part of the extended family. Just for your own information when you go to the www.paginebianche.it website on a second try put in CZ instead of Torre Di Rugiero which will cover all towns and villages in the province of Catanzaro.

Further to this end go to www.findmypast and without having to pay anything just do a name check Francesco Posca and nothing else and see how many small numbered items relates to him and click on these small numbers and see if anything of interest pops up which might making a one time check worthwhile. =Peter=

PeterTimber
Master
Master

Re: Immigration Italy to England in 1850

Postby PeterTimber » 04 Oct 2008, 14:52

Postscript: I just checked and found that there are on micorfilm at your nearest family history library the civil records for Torre Di Ruggiero from 1809 to 1910 covering all births,marriages and deaths if you think this might be the town of origin for your Francesco Posca. =Peter=

Return to “Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship”