Baptism certif. and school record needed from Salina, Eolie

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
michael.mandile

Baptism certif. and school record needed from Salina, Eolie

Postby michael.mandile » 07 Nov 2008, 09:02

Need a Baptism certificate and/or school record of attendance for my Great Grandfather who was born in 1870 in the town of Malfa on the island of Salina in the Eolie. Can someone tell me how to proceed? I heard there is a guy in the town who is a kind of archivist/historian who may be able to help. Does anyone know his name, email address, phone number? I think he works in the library there. Grazie!

PeterTimber
Master
Master

Re: Baptism certif. and school record needed from Salina, Eo

Postby PeterTimber » 07 Nov 2008, 12:33

You can send formletters to the churches in malfa (There are 3-Go to www.parrocchie.it for names and addresses of churches and send the $20 to the church that has the records. You csan also send ther form letter in Italian to the Mayor's office asking thatoffice to send your request to the Principal of the school.

Go to www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwisdom/DF ... tters.html

=Peter=

PeterTimber
Master
Master

Re: Baptism certif. and school record needed from Salina, Eo

Postby PeterTimber » 07 Nov 2008, 16:11

There are several schools in Malfa from grammar school to High level schools in Malfa. Go to www.nonsolocap.it and select Sicily, then Messina and then Malfa. Scroll down to Malfa schools for names and addresses for each of the schools in malfa. If you know which school or at what level (Primaria, secondaria etc) thenyou may wish to write directly to the school but the reason why I suggested writing to the Mayor of Malfa is that the school records may be either kept in each school or archived all together. =Peter=

Return to “Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship”