PETRINI FAMILY FROM MARLIA, LUCCA, ITALY

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
5 posts • Page 1 of 1

PETRINI FAMILY FROM MARLIA, LUCCA, ITALY

Postby Petrini » 03 Sep 2003, 18:28

I am looking for my grandparents and great grandparents from Marlia. My grandfather was Giovani Pio Petrini born 7/2/1890 in Marlia. His parents were Josph Petrini and Angela Frediani. I have 2 names for my great grandfather, Josph or Giuseppi. Giovani married Assunta Giusti. They had twins, Angelo and Angela born in San Francisco, CA, USA. Assunta was born 1/24/1906 in Marlia. Her parents were Bernardo Giusti and Emma Toggnoti. If you have any information please contact me at harmaning2@aol.com

THANK YOU.

Debi
Petrini

Postby ptimber » 03 Sep 2003, 19:40

You may wish to look up any Petrini or Frediani surnamed people in the town of Marlia by goling to www.paginebianche.it and inserting the surname (one at a time) in the first lione and marlia in the third line and clcik CERCA for any listings by name,address and telephone numbers. If you have any specific inforamtion you are looking for then I can advise you as to what to do such as communicating with the people who may enjoy the same surnames in Marlia and are related to you. Peter
ptimber
Master
Master

Postby ptimber » 03 Sep 2003, 19:45

Since there are 5 Petrini and 9 Frediana listings you may wish to consider writing one letter and send it to all of them in italian or very simple english with enclosed self addressed envelope with a dollar inside for stamps to encourage a reply. Englis is the second language in Italy and school kids can help read it if you keep your sentences short and one thought at a time...my name is... I am the grandson of... like that. Peter
ptimber
Master
Master

Maybe?

Postby VickiSalvoni » 28 Jan 2004, 08:25

On the www.ellisisland.org site, I found Giovanni Petrini who would have been born in 1890 based on the following. The original ship's manifest says he is going to San Francisco and he lists his father in Capanori, which is in Lucca, as Giuseppe. Maybe this is your relative?

Petrini, Giovanni
Italy-North Italian
Capanori, Italy
Arrived: April 11, 1913
23y
M
France
Le Havre, Seine-Inferior, France

Good luck in your search. My GGrandmother was the daughter of a Lenci who married Petrini, her name was Clementina Lenci from Lucca born in 1861. I don't know if we are related, as I don't know Clementina's parent's first names. She settled in San Francisco after defying her family and marrying a man from Rome, named Daniele Gini. They disowned her, as I guess they were very wealthy and he was a farmer and that wasn't acceptable. Suanj tells me that Petrini in that area are listed as nobility, by the way.

Vicki
VickiSalvoni

Re: PETRINI FAMILY FROM MARLIA, LUCCA, ITALY

Postby suanj » 28 Jan 2004, 13:30

Petrini wrote:I am looking for my grandparents and great grandparents from Marlia. My grandfather was Giovani Pio Petrini born 7/2/1890 in Marlia. His parents were Josph Petrini and Angela Frediani. I have 2 names for my great grandfather, Josph or Giuseppi. Giovani married Assunta Giusti. They had twins, Angelo and Angela born in San Francisco, CA, USA. Assunta was born 1/24/1906 in Marlia. Her parents were Bernardo Giusti and Emma Toggnoti. If you have any information please contact me at harmaning2@aol.com

THANK YOU.

Debi

Hi: exact spelling in italian are:
Giovanni Pio Petrini
Giuseppe Petrini
Angela Frediani
Assunta Giusti
Bernardo Giusti
Emma Tognotti but also exist Tognetti in Marlia

On Bernardo Giusti (coming from Marlia)are 1 record 1901 travelling with others 4 persons from Marlia http://www.ellisislandrecords.org/searc ... 2825130034
Regards, suanj
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

5 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship