Sicilian Records

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
updijp2

Sicilian Records

Postby updijp2 » 13 Dec 2008, 22:50

I am looking for a good source of Italian, specifically Sicilian, records. I am trying to find information on my great grandfather John (possibly Giovanni) LaRosa who lived in Palermo and immigrated to the U.S. in 1912. Any info or help would be much appreciated. Thanks!

michaeldi
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Sicilian Records

Postby michaeldi » 14 Dec 2008, 01:10

I just saw this great source of records for Palermo. Hope it might be helpful.

http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.anc ... index8.htm

PeterTimber
Master
Master

Postby PeterTimber » 14 Dec 2008, 04:46

Dear Updijp the procedures for obtaininginformation from Italy and Sicily is rather uniform so that if you read the website I am furnishing you then the entire picture of conducting your own free Genealogy research in sicily falls into place.

Go to www.anzwers.org/free/italiangen/free_ge ... earch.html

Needless to say, but we are here to assist you along th way and there are form letters in Italian langiage which we can furnish directly or you canobtain from the above website. Welcome aboard sailor!. =Peter=

PeterTimber
Master
Master

Postby PeterTimber » 14 Dec 2008, 04:58

...But not to disappoint you about givingyou something about Palermo go to www.grifasi-sicilia.com/terminipalermitani.htm

The website is a glossary of Palermo words. =Peter=

Return to “Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship”