Italy departure passenger lists "Carosiello"

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
TangoChaser
Rookie
Rookie

Italy departure passenger lists "Carosiello"

Postby TangoChaser » 18 Dec 2008, 01:03

Thanks to lots of help from this site I tracked my grandfather to his marriage in the 20s and his house in the 30s. However I'm stuck at that point. I think I've searched every place I can for his arrival to the US in either 1903 or 1905 (cant read the original papers) My original thread is here.
Original posts

ANyway: Is there a website that list departures from Italy? Similar to EllisIsland.org Or were passports needed back then? If so is there an on line searchable site?

Another question about searching Italy. In a google or other search enging attempt, no sites from Italy show up. I do find some ".it" sites while searching for streaving Italian TV. But is there a google type search engine for Italian Internet sites?

I know it's a long shot but I wouldn't be opposed to searching each and every manifest that came into NY (since spellings can be off) but the search engines dont seem to allow looking only by year.

THanks again for your help.

~

PeteyCXXX

Re: Italy departure passenger lists "Carosiello"

Postby PeteyCXXX » 17 May 2009, 22:51

I noticed its been a while since youve been on this website, but hopefully, you see this. I too am a Carosiello, of a much younger generation, but still blood non the less. if im not mistaken, i believe your father was my grandfather's brother. Making my father, your direct cousin. i am intersted in talking to you. If you do get to read this please contact me. My e-mail is pcarosiello598@hotmail.com. Thanx

Return to “Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship”