American Relatives from Naples and outskirts

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
EddieBG

American Relatives from Naples and outskirts

Postby EddieBG » 03 Jan 2009, 13:22

Hi all, my name is Edoardo and I'm fourteen years old. I really want some informations about my americans relatives. I only know that the name of the first immagrate of my family was Antonio Celotto and he probably installed oneself in Staten Island,NY. I also know that his daughter's name is Mary. Please help me. I would like to thank you since now for your kind reply and I look forward to receving it as soon as possible

Biff83
Master
Master

Re: American Relatives from Naples and outskirts

Postby Biff83 » 03 Jan 2009, 13:58

Welcome, Edoardo!

1937 manifest for Antonino Celotto, line 5
Name: Antonino Celotto
Arrival Date: 20 May 1937
Estimated Birth Year: abt 1900
Port of Departure: Naples, Italy
Place of Origin: District of Columbia
Nearest relative in Italy: father Alfonso in Castellamare Stabia
Destination: Washingt0n DC to join wife Palma
Previously in US 1921-1937
Page 1
Page 2

Obituary for Alfonso Celotto, likely Antonino's son from Staten Island Advance, 09 Dec 2004
"Alfonso Celotto, 74, of Grasmere, a retired warehouse supervisor for a moving company, died Tuesday at home.

Born in Manhattan, he moved with his family briefly to Washington, D.C., during his teen-age years, before relocating to Brooklyn around 1948.

Soon after, Mr. Celotto wed Helen Scotto, and the couple settled in Grasmere in 1967.

For about 35 years, he was employed by Dahill Moving & Storage Co., Brooklyn. He worked first as a mover and later as a warehouse supervisor before retiring 10 years ago.

He was a very simple man, very genuine, said his sister, Mary Scotto.

Mr. Celotto liked to watch television, play the horses and follow sports -- especially baseball.

He had open-heart surgery four years ago, and never really went out of the house much after that. But he always got excited when February and March came, because he knew baseball was starting up again, said Mrs. Scotto.

Mr. Celotto loved to eat -- especially Italian and American foods, and sweets during the holidays.

He was a parishioner of St. Christopher's R.C. Church, Grant City.

Mr. Celotto's wife of almost 45 years, Helen, died in 1994.

In addition to his sister, Mary, surviving are his sister, Ann Rutigliano, and his brother, Aldo.

The funeral will be Saturday from the Martin Hughes Funeral Home, Concord, with a mass at 9:45 a.m. in St. Christopher's Church. Burial will follow in Resurrection Cemetery, Pleasant Plains."

Biff
"To dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands"

EddieBG

Re: American Relatives from Naples and outskirts

Postby EddieBG » 03 Jan 2009, 14:12

Biff83 wrote:Welcome, Edoardo!

Obituary for Alfonso Celotto, possibly Antonino's son from Staten Island Advance, 09 Dec 2004
"Alfonso Celotto, 74, of Grasmere, a retired warehouse supervisor for a moving company, died Tuesday at home.

Born in Manhattan, he moved with his family briefly to Washington, D.C., during his teen-age years, before relocating to Brooklyn around 1948.

Soon after, Mr. Celotto wed Helen Scotto, and the couple settled in Grasmere in 1967.

For about 35 years, he was employed by Dahill Moving & Storage Co., Brooklyn. He worked first as a mover and later as a warehouse supervisor before retiring 10 years ago.

He was a very simple man, very genuine, said his sister, Mary Scotto.

Mr. Celotto liked to watch television, play the horses and follow sports -- especially baseball.

He had open-heart surgery four years ago, and never really went out of the house much after that. But he always got excited when February and March came, because he knew baseball was starting up again, said Mrs. Scotto.

Mr. Celotto loved to eat -- especially Italian and American foods, and sweets during the holidays.

He was a parishioner of St. Christopher's R.C. Church, Grant City.

Mr. Celotto's wife of almost 45 years, Helen, died in 1994.

In addition to his sister, Mary, surviving are his sister, Ann Rutigliano, and his brother, Aldo.

The funeral will be Saturday from the Martin Hughes Funeral Home, Concord, with a mass at 9:45 a.m. in St. Christopher's Church. Burial will follow in Resurrection Cemetery, Pleasant Plains."

Biff

Alfonso was the cousin of my grandfather and I found the address of Mary Scotto ( I hope she's still alive)
Amazing Biff... thank you so much

Return to “Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship”