Miami Consulate Help Translate Doc's

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
federici1999
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Miami Consulate Help Translate Doc's

Post by federici1999 »

No there are no last name differences in the line of decent. I checked all spellings and dates and I found no problems. I was very surprised when you said only line of decent. I have everybodys papers apositiled and translated. Birth, deaths, marriage. I was taken back by how little of the documentation was really needed.
Thanks again for all the info. I will post how thing went on Friday along with any problems I encounter as to help others get through the system.
Bob
Thanks Bob

Looking for Federici and Cavalli from Bedonia
JMFL
Rookie
Rookie

Post by JMFL »

Yeah, I had all the papers from both the line of descent and their spouses too. When I applied in Miami last summer there was no one on the boards that had been to the consulate since Ilaria had left and Virginia took over. I thingk I was the first one to meet with Virginia. It's all good though as I now have a copy of all those documents for future generations to look at.
(And to give to those family members that live in other jurisdictions and may want to apply for dual citizenship).
federici1999
Rookie
Rookie

Post by federici1999 »

Well when I finally make it through I do believe my sister will apply. She is in New York and I told her she should set her appointment. I hear they are booking way out. My children are all adults so if they want to apply its so easy just their stuff and its done. Its been two years and I can't believe I'm a few days away. I remember last April getting the appointment and thinking it would never come. Also let me throw a Thank You to Laura (Pink 67). For all the translation letters, phone calls to Bedonia and always being there to answer some question or help with a problem.
Thanks Again
Bob
Thanks Bob

Looking for Federici and Cavalli from Bedonia