Congressional Pressure for USCIS "No Records" Cert

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
sirnim

Congressional Pressure for USCIS "No Records" Cert

Postby sirnim » 16 Jan 2009, 21:43

Hey everybody,

I currently am trying to obtain the Certificate of No Naturalization from USCIS. Since the whole 1-year wait is discouraging, I just contacted a state U.S. Senator office to see if they can expedite this, as I have heard that some people were able to get their Certificates of No Naturalization from USCIS in weeks rather than months.

Anyway, I e-mailed the request to the senator's office just now, and received an e-mail reply from them.

It stated that "USCIS processes its requests in the order in which they are received," and that I would need to provide an explanation or reason as to why I need it expedited.

Would saying we are "trying to submit a time-sensitive dual citizenship application" suffice, do you think? Or would there be a better way of phrasing the reason so that the senator's office will actually process the request?

PeterTimber
Master
Master

Re: Congressional Pressure for USCIS "No Records"

Postby PeterTimber » 16 Jan 2009, 23:09

I am not sure whom you are referring too? Your state senatior or federal senator or federal congressman? In any event you should call his office referencing his letter to you and state that you have personal timetable that require that your request is expedited. Then I would add and "since I am a constituent, I would like him to be sensitive to my needs" if the conversation becomes dismissive of your request with his Clerk or secretary. =Peter=
~Peter~

matta
Rookie
Rookie

Postby matta » 17 Jan 2009, 01:39

As I stated on Expattalk (where you posted the same thing)...

1. The people who had their applications expedited were already waiting 6 months before contacting Congress, then waited 3 additional months IIRC.

2. As someone else patiently waiting in the queue, I take exception that you believe your application is more important than mine.

3. It's not really a time sensitive application, is it? Worst case is that you have to push back your appointment. It's not like you're risking deportation or expiration of your application. In short, claiming that it's an exceptional circumstance is a flat out lie.

PeterTimber
Master
Master

Postby PeterTimber » 17 Jan 2009, 05:00

Dear Matta there is no lying here just asking people to do their job expeditiously as they are paid to do. There is no line, as you point out, of people waiting for their application to be processed in an orderly fashion. They are laying in different in baskets and out baskets and needing something or nothing but some effort between coffee break and lunch!!

If I deem it necessary that I want my application expedited I am not saying that I am more important just a bit more knowledgeable about how the system works in a government bureaucracy. The persons who are "waiting are going to get their papers processed at the same time whether I am seeking an expedite or not...

There is no morality here just wanting mhy taxes to work for me and I expect my representatives to do just that, represent me and if I ask for an expedite because I want it that should be sufficient for him or her to move it! since my representatives work for me, =Peter=
~Peter~

matta
Rookie
Rookie

Postby matta » 17 Jan 2009, 13:42

PeterTimber wrote:There is no line,

That's where we disagree. I believe that there is a queue waiting to be processed, and the reason it takes his application a year is that it takes several days to process each application ahead of him. Therefore, he only way to expedite his request is to take it from the back of the line and move it to the front.

Now, if he wants to complain to his Senator that they need an additional person processing requests, that's a different situation.

PeterTimber
Master
Master

Postby PeterTimber » 17 Jan 2009, 16:51

you have a way to go....white man speaks with forked tongues. =Peter=
~Peter~

corrado
Elite
Elite

Postby corrado » 18 Jan 2009, 06:48

I have been in contact with my us congressman's office. Other than moral support it has been almost useless. I was told that processing immigration files for people coming into the usa and who want to be usa citizens takes presedence over you people trying to get out. Well I can understand that in a way. good luck

Return to “Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship”