Dello Iacono lost in Passaic NJ, 1945

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
settete

Dello Iacono lost in Passaic NJ, 1945

Postby settete » 31 Jan 2009, 21:49

Hallo to everybody. It's my first post on this forum.
I'm looking for an ancestor who left Italy in 1905, to live in Paterson, Passaic (NJ).
I had a big help from pink67 and sho was able to find a lot of informations, up to the WWII when Bernardo Dello Iacono (it's his name) disapparead, just a little bit later his petiotion of naturalization, in 1944.
During his stay, Bernardo had some surname's modification, and he become
Bernardo Dello Iancone, Bernardo D Iacona, Bernardo Dello Gagone during (WWI draft registration card, 1930 census and WWII draft registration card).
The only correct informations were his name and his birthday (08.03.1881)
He was married in Italy, had two sons, but he lived, as a single, all his American life.
As he disappeared during the WWII events, I'm not sure if he started for the war (he stil was Italian) or if he went in another state or he died.

A relevant problem is his surname, as I don't know what could be it become.

I ask an help to have some information to contact someone to know what happened.
I don't know the U.S. rules to obtain informations from the City Hall, or military structures

Thank you

Carlo

michaeldi
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Dello Iacono lost in Passaic NJ, 1945

Postby michaeldi » 01 Feb 2009, 17:17

Hi Carlo

I was able to find a naturalization record for Bernardo. I will send it to you in private message.

Michael

settete

Re: Dello Iacono lost in Passaic NJ, 1945

Postby settete » 01 Feb 2009, 21:48

Thank you, Michael. I wrote you a MP
Carlo

Return to “Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship”