from U.S. to Italy trial (return trip)

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
settete

from U.S. to Italy trial (return trip)

Postby settete » 01 Feb 2009, 18:02

I have found the way to follow all the trials from Italy to U.S. (Ellis Island) and everyone use this way to find italian ancestors that went foreing.
My question is: how can we track the "return trial" ? I noted that a lot of people did more than a trial (I thought that one was enough).
Did Italian Police write the passangers' informations. If they did, where can I find them?

Thank you

Carlo

PeterTimber
Master
Master

Re: from U.S. to Italy trial (return trip)

Postby PeterTimber » 01 Feb 2009, 18:15

La unica manera e di scrivere al Ufficio Anagrafe del comune d'origine e vedere se ce una data del ritorno al comune.

Ci sono lettere in Italiano da scrivere nel www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwisdom/it ... tters.html =Peter=
~Peter~

settete

Re: from U.S. to Italy trial (return trip)

Postby settete » 01 Feb 2009, 21:47

Thank you, Peter.
I already contacted the italian offices, but often the trial information are missed. Only birth, marriage and death are indicated.
This is reason for which I'm looking for another way to obtain inforrmation, but I didn't have any information.
But I continue to hope in an help!

Carlo

Return to “Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship”