Indice Decennales

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
Beantown

Indice Decennales

Postby Beantown » 03 Feb 2009, 03:02

On microfilm I've found on an Indice Decennale for births and on an Indice Decennale for marriages two records I am looking for.

How likely is it the corresponding extracts and records are not available?

Thanks

Italysearcher
Master
Master

Re: Indice Decennales

Postby Italysearcher » 03 Feb 2009, 13:51

10 year indexes are fairly common. The records should be available unless the records were destroyed during a war or earthquake and for some reason only the indexes survived.
I search in Isola del Liri where they have a 100 year index but not all records survived in the town archives. Fortunately the State Archives have copies but this is not always the case.
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.wordpress.com
ANNOYING THE SAINTS - Stories of my Life in Italy. http://www.lulu.com/content/paperback-b ... ly/7731505

uantiti
Elite
Elite

Re: Indice Decennales

Postby uantiti » 03 Feb 2009, 14:27

Hi,
In the rolls I have some of the persons listed in indexes are not there as the corresponding pages are missing. Also there are in the middle a few pages concerning other villages. I assume, in my case, this could be a mistake of who microfilmed the registers and that the missing acts are on some other town rolls.
If you have names, years and the act numbers as written on the index, you may try and request a copy from the city hall register.

Ada

Return to “Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship”