need more info on my grandfather

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
croy

need more info on my grandfather

Postby croy » 03 Feb 2009, 04:09

I wonder if you can help me get a copy of my grandfathers birth certificate. The info I have is that he was born in Monte San Giovanni Campano (provence of Frosinone, region Lazio) Does that make sense? His birthdate is April 29, 1892 , name is Biagio Tomassi. I actually got that info reading a post on this site from one of my cousins children who oddly enough was looking for info on my grandfather, his great grandfather! I happened to fall across his post while checking out this site some time back. I don't even know this second cousin who was posting, but I know it was my relative! I am trying to help my father who is still alive and is very interested in obtaining this info and whatever else I can find out, i.e. relatives who still live in that area. ANY help will be appreciated!

kmaldo

Re: need more info on my grandfather

Postby kmaldo » 03 Feb 2009, 09:42

You must have been reading my post - my GGF was Biagio Tomassi from Monte San Giovanni Campano!!

I now have a copy of the birth cert, courtesy of Italysearcher, who actually picked it up at the comune for me!! DOB was indeed 29 April 1892. I can email you a scanned image of it, just send me a message with your personal email address, I'd be happy to connect!

kmaldo

Re: need more info on my grandfather

Postby kmaldo » 03 Feb 2009, 09:57

PS I also have a copy of the birth cert for your GM/my GGM, Emanuela Di Nosse, from Taurasi (near Avellino), DOB 24 December 1894. I can email an image of this as well.

Return to “Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship”