Embassy Application Form (listing ascendants' addresses

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
nfig1
Rookie
Rookie

Embassy Application Form (listing ascendants' addresses

Postby nfig1 » 10 Feb 2009, 17:28

On this application form it asks to list all addresses for one's ascendants (after age 18). Can this be inferred to mean all "known" addresses, because there is no way I could know all the places my father lived, let alone my grandfather? I have last known addresses, but that is all. What experiences have others had with the consulates on this? Thank you.

bsctky21

Re: Embassy Application Form (listing ascendants' addre

Postby bsctky21 » 24 Feb 2009, 08:02

I recently had to make one of these same lists. When I handed it into the consulate, I was told they require it to verify which consular jurisdictions your ancestors have lived in since leaving Italy to verify whether they have ever renounced Italian citizenship or not. I wouldn't worry too much about specific addresses. Just list cities and years to the best of your knowledge.

Return to “Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship”