Looking for information about Antonio D'Angelo

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
adangel1

Re: Looking for information about Antonio D'Angelo

Post by adangel1 »

Thank you very much for your reply. I welcome all information about my family. It appears that this was the brother-in-law of my great grandfather. Thank you again,
Tony
fishacura
Rookie
Rookie

Post by fishacura »

vj wrote:Hello Biff!
Great find :D !
It looks like line 28 may be traveling with them too.
All headed to see Leonardo (??)
I checked D'Angelo & D'Andrea they're both still current in Molise & Marche.

If we could figure out the name on line 28 perhaps it wouldn't be as common?
CERVINO?

Valarie

Well I don't know of a relation but that's a name I am VERY familiar with and it's definitely CERVINO :lol:
adangel1

Post by adangel1 »

The information that I received here Brom Biff and VJ opened up a whole new picture of my ancestors. I am looking to write or email Civita Cosenza to get more information on my family who lived there in the mid to late 1800s. Would you have the website information? I am looking specifically for information on my Great Grandparents Antonio D'Angelo (possibly Angelo Antonio D'Angelo) and Lucrezia Cervino. Also my Great Great Grandparents Francesco D'Angelo and Caterina D'Andrea.
Niecy51

Post by Niecy51 »

Hello,
My Name is Denise and My Mother was Vincenza D'Angelo, Daughter of Gaetano and Sebastiana D'Angelo. On My Grandparents Marriage Cert, it says they married in Buccheri, Italy and came to the U.S. in the 1900. Grandpa (Gaetano D'Angelo) had 2 Brothers I can find so far, Michele (1880 B'd)and Vito(1874) , and a Sister Ceserina(1898)and I believe his Fathers name was also Vito.His Mother was Cesaria DiPietro I have found that if you go to Ellis Islands Manifest and type in the names, you may find some info..I hope you find all the info you are looking for :)
adangel1

Post by adangel1 »

I am getting lost when I get to my great-great grandparents. It appears that their names were Francesco D'Angelo and Caterina D'Andrea from Civita Italy. But when I try to confirm that I have the correct great-great grandparents, the only ones I find were born in 1856. Is it possible that my great-great grandparents were 16 when the married and had my great grandfather Angelo Antonio D'Angelo in 1872?
Niecy51

Post by Niecy51 »

You know it is possible for them to have been that young, remember, back then people got married much younger. My grandmother was 15
Biff83
Master
Master

Post by Biff83 »

Although I do believe the military record previously posted is the correct Antonio D'Angelo, no parental ages are given.

http://img211.imageshack.us/img211/5727 ... ntonio.jpg

If you haven't seen or gotten a copy of his birth record and only used the Cosenza archives site to search the parental names, there's no way to determine when Francesco D'Angelo and Caterina D'Andrea were born since they might not currently be listed on the site. The site is a work in progress and does not have all vital records indexed at this time. If you haven't already done so, I'd suggest you request an intergral copy of Angelo Antonio's birth act or order the microfilm records which contain his birth since it should contain the ages of his parents. With that information, you can continue searching backward either via microfilm rental of the Civita vital records or written requests.

https://www.familysearch.org/search/cat ... m%2F587634

Biff
"Mintammicce impizzu mpizzu ca pue largu minne fazzu sule!"
adangel1

Post by adangel1 »

I just hooked up with someone on another site who has a Lucrezia Cervino in his family tree. It turns out that there were two Lucrezia Cervinos at the same time and they were first cousins. They also both have brothers named Leonard. This is probably why there was so much confusion on the the Cervino side. I'm still digging! Thank you again.
marksman23

Post by marksman23 »

You probably need professional services for searches?
adangel1 wrote:Antonio D'Angelo came to the US about 1900
He lived, worked and died in Hazelton Pennsylvania (coal miner)
He had sons; Joseph, Frank, Dick, James (I cant remember anymore)

His son Joseph had two sons Anthony and Joseph
His son James had one daughter AnnMarie

Joseph and Jame's s families moved first the the Bronx NY, then to Queens NY and then to Long Island New York.

I am trying to trace where my ancestors came from. Can anyone advise where D'Angelos lived in Italy around the turn of the 20th century?

My name is Anthony D'Angelo Jr and my father is Anthony D'Angelo.

Can anyone help?