Pescatore!

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
DAnthony.Pescatore

Pescatore!

Postby DAnthony.Pescatore » 21 Mar 2009, 02:21

Salve, my name is D'Anthony Micheal Pescatore. But my ancestors came over here to Ellis Island, and they translated their name to Fischer. I was hoping someone could help me with my family tree to see if I qualify for Jure Sanguinus. I'm only 15 and recently my Italian heritage has been caught by my passion. So can anyone please help. :?:

Italysearcher
Master
Master

Re: Pescatore!

Postby Italysearcher » 21 Mar 2009, 12:15

You need to state the name of the person who cam from Italy and the town of their birth.
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.wordpress.com
ANNOYING THE SAINTS - Stories of my Life in Italy. http://www.lulu.com/content/paperback-b ... ly/7731505

mler
Master
Master

Re: Pescatore!

Postby mler » 21 Mar 2009, 13:36

Was the change to Fischer made legally, or was it simply adopted by your family? If the latter, you will also have to make a connection between the two names.

To determine if you qualify, you will have to know the dates of birth for everyone in your citizenship line, and the date of naturalization for the first ancestor who emigrated to this country. If this ancestor never naturalized, you will also need to obtain a statement from the government that no naturalization records were found. The sex of your ancestors is also important because before 1948, women were not able to pass citizenship to their offspring.

If you can supply us with dates, sex and naturalization information, we can help you take the next steps.

Return to “Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship”