Translation of American Documents

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
Steverino3006
Rookie
Rookie

Translation of American Documents

Postby Steverino3006 » 29 Mar 2009, 21:36

I would like to do the translations myself. Can I take the Jack Webb approach ("just the facts, ma'am"), or does every single word need to be translated? I would envision a list of names, dates, etc would provide all the information needed in a format which could become a standardized template for others to use. this is simiar to the question posted at

http://italiangenealogy.tardio.com/Foru ... 87172.html

by jwazevedo on Feb 27 (no replies yet).

mler
Master
Master

Re: Translation of American Documents

Postby mler » 29 Mar 2009, 23:00

I translated everything, and I think this is the norm at most consulates. I even formatted them like the original so that they could easily compare the two.

Your consulate may be willing to accept less, but I would check first.

Benito512

Postby Benito512 » 30 Mar 2009, 04:07

I know you mentioned that you would like to translate the documents yourself; however, I had my documents professionally translated by Gabriella Bozza Einaga. Her prices are very reasonable, and she provides a quick turnaround time. I should also mention that the work she did for me was accurate and well done. Overall, I was very pleased.

I read about Gabriella in numerous posts and found her name through TranslatorsCafe.com.

This information might help someone who decides to have his or her documents translated by a professional. :D

corrado
Elite
Elite

Postby corrado » 23 Jan 2010, 21:44

I used her and was very happy wih her work!!!

Return to “Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship”