Info on John Catalanotte

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
corrado
Elite
Elite

Info on John Catalanotte

Postby corrado » 09 Apr 2009, 19:26

I'm helping a neighbor with citizenship, but he hasn't given me much to work with. I mailed away to Louisianna and recieved a copy of his grandfathers death certificate John Catalonotte maried to Mary Calderona (sp) dob unknown 78 years old. born and citizen of Italy, died in Tickfaw LA, fathers name Joe Catalanotte mother Dama, date of death 5/17/45. I think there may be changes to the spelling of the name - Catalanotte. I can't find out where in Sicily they came from or any info on landing in New Orelans ( I assume thats where they landed)

vj
Master
Master

Re: Info on John Catalanotte

Postby vj » 09 Apr 2009, 20:24

Hello,
This may help
There is a public tree on ancestry. com
Owned by KateWooddell
Tree name: O'Brien-Catalanotte-Drysdale-Wooddell

“John" Catalanotte
Birth: 17 Dec 1872
Caltanissetta, Sicily, Italy
Death: 15 May 1945
Tickfaw, Tangipahoa, LA, USA

corrado
Elite
Elite

Postby corrado » 09 Apr 2009, 20:55

thank you vj, I tried ancestry.com, where is this public tree? I guess I not the crack geneologist I thought!

corrado
Elite
Elite

Postby corrado » 09 Apr 2009, 20:59

I use the library edition at the public library of course. I'm going to go back and poke around somemore.....

vj
Master
Master

Postby vj » 09 Apr 2009, 21:16

Hello!
I don't think the family trees are available on the library edition of ancestry
This tree llists his immigration as probably 1904 (no manifest link)
Valarie

corrado
Elite
Elite

Postby corrado » 09 Apr 2009, 22:57

Well, at least it wasn't my fault, you are right, this function isn't on the library edition. I thought the library edition was supposed to be their top product...hhhmmm

KateWooddell

Postby KateWooddell » 11 Jan 2011, 23:20

Hello, Mr. Corrado. I am the Kate Wooddell with the family tree on Ancestry.com mentioned by Valarie. I just discovered this site and will help you any way I can. But I have to ask if you are helping someone I know, Ken Catalanotte, in Chicago, who would be the grandson of the John Catalanotte you are seeking? If so, what a coincidence as I am his (still friendly) ex-wife and am trying to flesh out this tree with information for our son and grandsons. Some of the early info I latched onto via Ancestry is probably incorrect. I have a bit more now and a few corrections. Please email me directly at jkwooddell@yahoo.com and I will gladly elaborate. Good luck.

Kate O'Brien Wooddell

Return to “Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship”