Sending for Italian birth record – Yes, it works

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
jwazevedo
Veteran
Veteran

Sending for Italian birth record – Yes, it works

Postby jwazevedo » 15 Apr 2009, 22:32

Those of you veterans to this forum will know this already, but for other people just getting started I want to share this experience: By following the advice of people on this forum, you really can get your ancestor’s Italian documents.

I used the letter-writing sites (www.circolocalabrese.org/resources/letters/index.asp and www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwisdom/it ... tters.html) to help me draft a request to the Comune di Garzeno in Como. They received my request on March 31, and they mailed the certificate back to me on April 1. I received it today. As others have done, I enclosed the international reply coupon for postage, and as others have experienced, they returned it to me. I’m impossibly pleased!

And now for a question for the veterans:

The Italian Consulate in Vancouver asked me to provide: “Certificato di trascorso possesso della cittadinanza italianaâ€

teddi
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Sending for Italian birth record – Yes, it works

Postby teddi » 18 Apr 2009, 07:01

Yes, that will work.

Return to “Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship”