questions on appt. docs & 2 sons

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
liltally
Rookie
Rookie

questions on appt. docs & 2 sons

Postby liltally » 30 Apr 2009, 16:09

Just talk 7min to abtran think I would do better with you guys.. I have myself and 2 boys ages 33 & 23 applying for dual citizenship. He couldn't give me an answer on weather or not my oldest son whom I had to schedule a 2nd appointment for since they only allow 2 people for 1 appt. will beable to use my documents. does anybody know... Appointments are in Miami, April 6, 2010 10:00 and son's is at 11:00.. I realize I have a year to worry but I'm already looking at ordering 5 b/c, 2 marriage, 4 deaths, 2 divorce, nara's done & waiting on uscis and as everyone knows it feels great but its not cheap. And I still have to get them translated... Please anybody have an answer I will prepare myself for the worst so any good news I will accept as a blessing.... Ciao Grazi Jeanette

mler
Master
Master

Re: questions on appt. docs & 2 sons

Postby mler » 30 Apr 2009, 16:34

I've mentioned this on another forum, but I'll suggest it again here. Abtran follows the rules, and the rules say only two people. It is POSSIBLE, that they may be open to having both sons apply with you, particularly if they are unmarried and will only be adding a birth certificate to your application.

You might try taking your son with you on your appointment day, and tell the interviewer that he is scheduled to meet with them on _____ and he asked to come to see how the process works. You never know; they may accept his application too. If your son prefers not to make the trip based only on a possibility, I doubt he will need an entire set of documents. He can ask that his papers be added to your file.

I must qualify my suggestion by saying that I did not deal with the Miami consulate, and they may do things in their own special way. Perhaps someone who did apply in Miami can post his/her experience.

teddi
Veteran
Veteran

Postby teddi » 30 Apr 2009, 17:13

Speaking of the other forum, is it off the air or is my computer on the fritz?

liltally
Rookie
Rookie

Postby liltally » 30 Apr 2009, 17:31

OK Thank you his appt. is scheduled on the same day as mine just at 11:00... So hopefully it won't be a big deal. I just wanted to see if anyone else has had this happen so I would know to order double of everything though I was trying to avoid that additional cost... You guys are great... Thank's again for answering
Ciao Grazi Jeanette
Ciao Grazie
Jeanette

mler
Master
Master

Postby mler » 30 Apr 2009, 22:40

If you're all going the same day, it's even more likely that you'll need only one set of documents. Good luck.

teddi, if your computer is on the fritz, mine is too. Don't know what's happening there.

Return to “Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship”