Applying for Italian citizenship while in Italy

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
mromano

Applying for Italian citizenship while in Italy

Postby mromano » 15 Jun 2009, 04:51

I reside under the jurisdiction of the San Francisco Consulate, and I hear that they have the worst delays! I need to get my citizenship recognized for a job in about 12 months maximum. I'll be in Italy for several weeks this summer while visiting friends.

Is it possible to apply for citizenship recognition as a tourist, directly in Italy? If so, where?

If it isn't possible, is there anything I can do while in Italy to expedite my application at the San Francisco Consulate?

Thank you very much for your help! =)

teddi
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Applying for Italian citizenship while in Italy

Postby teddi » 15 Jun 2009, 06:19

No, not as a tourist- you need to become legally resident prior to applying.

mromano

Postby mromano » 15 Jun 2009, 07:40

Hi teddi,

Thanks for your reply! Is there anything I can do at the comune in Italy to expedite the process? I read online that the Italian Consulate I will apply through in the US will register my American birth certificate in the Italian comune. What can I do while I'm in Italy this summer to get things processed faster?

Thanks for your help! =)

teddi
Veteran
Veteran

Postby teddi » 17 Jun 2009, 07:05

There's not much to do until the documents arrive from the consulate. If you happen to be there when that happens, you could get a certificato di cittadinanza from the anagrafe and take it back to the consulate. That should eliminate any waiting period for passport/registration in AIRE.

Abby25

Postby Abby25 » 06 Oct 2016, 18:14

Hello, everybody!
If you're not proficient in essay writing but your essay work should be finished in time, you can follow this source to find out the depository of various essays on diverse topics and use any of them as a model when writing by yourselves http://bigpaperwriter.com/blog/essay-on-citizenship

Abby25

Postby Abby25 » 06 Oct 2016, 18:15

Hello, everybody!
If you're not proficient in essay writing but your essay work should be finished in time, you can follow this source to find out the depository of various essays on diverse topics and use any of them as a model when writing by yourselves http://bigpaperwriter.com/blog/essay-on-citizenship

Return to “Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship”