Volpin from Rovigo, Veneto - birth certificate

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
volpin
Rookie
Rookie

Volpin from Rovigo, Veneto - birth certificate

Postby volpin » 21 Jun 2009, 13:34

Hello, I wonder if anyone could give me some help; my great-grandfather from my father's side was Italian from Rovigo, Veneto and immigated to Brazil around 1900. In Brazil he was forced to change his name from Giovanni Volpin to João Volpin.
Based on this I was told that I am entitled to Italian citizenship.
Now I am wondering how to get my great-granfather's birth certificate as I do not know where I should go to get a copy.
Can I only get this in one of the churches or was there a central centre of administration around 1885 (the approximate year he was born).

fabiomataveli

Re: Volpin from Rovigo, Veneto - birth certificate

Postby fabiomataveli » 21 Jun 2009, 15:40

Volpin,

You can request birth certificates on line by: www.homeonline.it
But you must provide exact name. date of birth and city (comune). It costs around 50 euros, and they send the certificate to yor home in Brazil.

Eu pedi a certidao de nascimento da minha avó que nasceu em Treviso, em 1917, assim. Talvez eles tenham a certidao de nascimento do seu bisavô já no cartório. Mas, vc precisa ter certeza de que vc tem o nome correto, data de nascimento e cidade ( comune ) correta.
Se vc nao fornecer os dados corretos, eles não vao procurar a certidao pra vc e vao ficar com o dinheiro que vc pagou.

Eu sugiro que vc procure a carteira de estrangeiro do seu bisavo com a data de nascimento correta dele ( geralemnte esses documentos estao com um tio-avo que era mais chegado ou responsavel pelo seu bisavo)

Return to “Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship”