pakistani applying for italian citizenship-PLEASE HELP!

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.

pakistani applying for italian citizenship-PLEASE HELP!

Postby ArianaJ » 23 Jun 2009, 14:26

ok guys so here is my situation:
-my paternal grandmother is an italian who gave birth to my dad after 1 jan 1948
-i have no proof that she was still an italian citizen at the time of my father's birth, as she moved to pakistan (or india at the time) which was in an extreme state of chaos and so didnt issue such documents
-my grandfather, father and mother were all born in india/pakistan and so do not have birth certificates. will passport copies suffice?
-so far i have my grandfather's italian death certificate (as he died in Bari) and my grandparents italian marriage certificate
- how can i find my italians birth certificate if she was born in bari?
- would it help my situation if my grandfather was in the airforce, fighting alongside Italy in WW2 (i know this one is a long shot, but there's no harm in trying )

ANY HELP AT ALL would be appreciated. I live in dubai, but study in switzerland where i will be returning on the 23rd of july, so i need to get all my documetns in order before i get back.

lookign forward to a reply.

Re: pakistani applying for italian citizenship-PLEASE HELP!

Postby PeterTimber » 01 Jul 2009, 13:35

Dear Ariana you should familiarize yourself with how to do your own italian genealogy research just so you can ask the right questions. You will find this 7 pages simple to read.

Go to ... earch.html for this information.

Next go to ... tters.html for italian langiage form letyters so that you can request documents directly from the town of oriign in Italy. =Peter=

Return to “Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship”