Vital Records in Virginia

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
dzarello
Rookie
Rookie

Vital Records in Virginia

Postby dzarello » 15 Jul 2009, 14:06

I am hoping to eventually obtain dual citizenship as well as finding out about my ancestors. I have the list of documents that I will need. My question is, how do I go about collecting these documents? I know my GF, GGF, and GGM all died in Virginia. I contacted the Office of Vital Records in Virginia and was told that since I am not an Immediate Family Member, I can ONLY recieve a Death Notification and not a Certified Death Certificate. Is this true? Are there ways around it? Unfortunately my father passed away this last April and his sister passed away a couple of years ago, so there is no immediate family left.

I need help!

dzarello
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Vital Records in Virginia

Postby dzarello » 15 Jul 2009, 19:30

Before I start working toward Dual Citizenship, maybe I should see if I qualify. I have checked on that website and it just seems to easy, but from what I have been reading, I might not qualify. The line would go;

Me--born 1980 (Neb)
Father--born 1960 (Wis), died 2009 (Neb)
Grandfather--born 1933 (NJ), died 1989 (Vir)
Great Grandfather--born 1898 (NY), died 1975 (Vir)
Great Great Grandfather--born 1868 (Italy), died ? Immigrated--1892
Naturalization--1918

I hope I can still obtain Dual Citizenship. I looked over the list of documents that I need to obtain and it is around 20. I have 8 as of right now. I got alot of work to do.

If someone could verify for me, I would much appreciate it. Please ask if you need any other info.

dzarello
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Vital Records in Virginia

Postby dzarello » 16 Jul 2009, 20:50

I was hoping someone on this forum would be able to answer my questions.

Return to “Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship”