NY Consulate Requirements

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
SFC66

NY Consulate Requirements

Postby SFC66 » 25 Jul 2009, 01:41

Today I received from the Comune Di Napoli a 'Estratto per riassunto dal regisro degli atti di Nascita' of my grandmother's birth. Does this certificate satisfy the NY consulate's estratto dell’atto di nascita birth certificate requirement or is it a completely different document?

Also, I am attempting to apply for jure sanguinus citizenship through paternal grandfather. My parents are divorced and I have been through a divorce. Do I need to provide to NY a final judgment of divorce for both situations?

Any help is appreciated.

CowryShells
Veteran
Veteran

Re: NY Consulate Requirements

Postby CowryShells » 25 Jul 2009, 05:15

It's my understanding that you would need to provide final judgments of divorce for both cases. It's not clear on the NY Consulate's website, but others have had to have these documents certified, translated, and affixed with an apostille. It would be worth contacting the consulate to see what you must do.

I am not familiar with the first document you mentioned. I hope someone will be able to help you with that question.

Return to “Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship”