Saviano or Savaiano Italian Citizenship

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.

Saviano or Savaiano Italian Citizenship

Postby saviano » 21 Aug 2009, 20:47

New to the forum. I just returned from Italy a few weeks ago and am trying to gather information to possible claim dual citizenship.

I would be claiming citizenship through my father, grandfather, great grandfather, gg grand father and gg grand mother (both from Pizzone, Italy) also shows the may have been born in Perugia. Not sure if this is possible since that would consider me a fourth generation. Wondering if it is better for my grandfather (whom is still alive) to claim first through his grandfather?? His father was born one year after they immigrated to the US 1906. I have all of the genealogy records from thanks to my Aunt. I also have all the census, ww draft cards and ship manifests of his travels, which consistently lists him as an "AL" or alien. I have found no documentation that they ever naturalized. The confusing part is some of the documents show gg grandfather as "Savaiano" and my great grandfather as "Saviano."

I need to know if it is better to have my grandfather become a dual citizen first and then claim through him or to claim on my own through my father's line.

My last name is still Saviano and I'm also interested in meet/learning more about any family I may be related too residing in Italy this day.

Re: Saviano or Savaiano Italian Citizenship

Postby PeterTimber » 22 Aug 2009, 01:45

Go to for free half hour consultation.

Further go to ... earch.html

Return to “Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship”