process faster if needed for work in Europe?

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
Steverino3006
Rookie
Rookie

process faster if needed for work in Europe?

Postby Steverino3006 » 21 Aug 2009, 23:00

I haven't had any luck searching the forum, but it seems this must have been asked before.

I am in the process of applying for JURE SANGUINIS via the San Francisco Consulate. I have all the paperwork, Apostilles, etc. My appointment date is in November 2010.

I am interested in working in Italy or another European country. Naturally, any potemtial employer wants to be legit, so wants me to be a proper Italian Citizen.

Can the process be speeded up due to my desire to work in Italy?

thanks.

PeterTimber
Master
Master

Re: process faster if needed for work in Europe?

Postby PeterTimber » 21 Aug 2009, 23:36

Go to www.myitalianfamily.com. They give you free half consultation.=Peter=
~Peter~

mler
Master
Master

Postby mler » 22 Aug 2009, 00:10

The desire to work in Italy or other EU countries is unlikely to speed up your application. Many people fall into this category. However, the word from SF is that the backlog has been eliminated, and applications are being processed quickly. So, unless you have problems with missing documents or discrepancies, you should not have a long wait after you apply.

Steverino3006
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Steverino3006 » 22 Aug 2009, 01:20

mler wrote:The desire to work in Italy or other EU countries is unlikely to speed up your application. Many people fall into this category. However, the word from SF is that the backlog has been eliminated, and applications are being processed quickly. So, unless you have problems with missing documents or discrepancies, you should not have a long wait after you apply.

what is the word about S.F. backlog? My appointment is over a year away. Are they rescheduling?

Return to “Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship”