San Francisco Consulate

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
corneto

San Francisco Consulate

Postby corneto » 06 Sep 2009, 05:52

After waiting almost 18 months I have my appointment this month in San Francisco. It's been a long journey but I have every single item completed and am looking forward to presenting what I've found.
My question is does anyone have any information, experience or advice on this particular consulate? It seems things changes a lot from one to the next. I also read on one of the threads here that the time from submission to notification has shortened, has anyone heard about this? We're told officially 2 to 3 years but I read 5 months in Miami and less then 1 year in NY.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Tony

phil100a
Rookie
Rookie

Re: San Francisco Consulate

Postby phil100a » 07 Sep 2009, 10:30

corneto, I think that the completion dates are different for every Consulate. I don't have any idea about why the differences are so great. Does anyone know?

Also, Can you help with any of the questions that I've asked, above. I would like to especially know of a marriage certificate from CA, with just the State of Birth listed, will suffice. Or, if you are married, and were married in CA, did you have to get a copy of the marriage application/license?

phil100a
Rookie
Rookie

Re: San Francisco Consulate

Postby phil100a » 07 Sep 2009, 10:31

btw, Corneto, my meeting is coming up early next year - good luck!!

Return to “Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship”