A few more questions

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.

A few more questions

Postby phil100a » 07 Sep 2009, 10:24

Here are some excerpts from the Juresanguinis requirements form the Italian Consulate, in San Francisco - there are two of them, and I have important questions about each, in line: I'm especially worried that I may have to procure a birth certificate for my first wife, who I divorced years ago. She was born in Italy, but I don't know where she is now. I can't imagine the consulate would need her birth certificate, because we didn't have kids, and have been divorced for a very long time. Also, I'm concerned that my second marriage certificate (California) lists place of birth as the State of birth (I'm now divorced from that marriage).

The Italian Consulate says:
1) If you are or were married, you must submit a certified copy of your marriage certificate with apostille, and copy of your spouse’s birth certificate. If you have been previously married and divorced or are a widow(er), you must also submit those marriage, divorce and/or death certificates, in certified copy, with apostilles. The divorce decree must also include a “certificate of no appealâ€

Return to “Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship”