Citizenship Application_Where to send

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
JScanio
Rookie
Rookie

Citizenship Application_Where to send

Postby JScanio » 19 Sep 2009, 04:04

My husband is trying to get all the paperwork required to claim italian citizenship through grandfather.

We live in the Cayman Islands. Where should we send the documents. Can we mail them or do we need to show up in person?

Will the transaction be faster if we went to Italy and tried to turn in the paper work there?

We are trying to get this done as fast as possible as I may loose my job due to the current economy and would have to leave Cayman and move somewhere else. Preferably somewhere in the EU.

All your help is appreciated! Thank you! :wink:

elba
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: Citizenship Application_Where to send

Postby elba » 19 Sep 2009, 09:36

It seems that Italy and the Cayman Islands don't have a Diplomatic Relationship >Cayman Consular Agents<

so I would try contacting the Embassy/Consulate on the nearest Caribbean island which does and asking them for advice - you will find these listed here: >Italian Embassies Worldwide<

I did translations etc. recently for someone from the Dominican Republic, but living in Italy, who had a similar problem, but for residency. She needed apostilles for her Birth and Marriage certificates and a letter from another Dominican consulate verfying the veracity of her certificates. I then translated them and got an 'asseveramento' from an Italian Justice of the Peace that it was a true translation of all documents. Her Italian residency was granted on presentatio of that documentation.

Hope that is of some help to you.
elba
If you think education is expensive - try ignorance!
"Gente di Mare Genealogy"

PeterTimber
Master
Master

Postby PeterTimber » 19 Sep 2009, 12:54

I believe that consular matters are handled by Italian Consulate in Miami, Florida for the Cayman Islands.

The address is Italian Consulate, 4000 Ponce De Leon Blvd., Coral Gables, Florida 33146-1431.

This is the latest listing on the internet but consular offices can change their jurisdictions at will so give them a telephone call and check with them. The telephone number is 305-374-7945

Their E-Mail address is dual_citt.miami@itwash.org =Peter=
~Peter~

JScanio
Rookie
Rookie

Postby JScanio » 19 Sep 2009, 13:36

Thank you! If I end up having to turn my paper into to a consulate that has less people applying through them would the citizenship be granted faster?

PeterTimber
Master
Master

Postby PeterTimber » 19 Sep 2009, 13:47

That question is beyond my immediate knowledge but youmight wish to ask the consulate inMiami when you call or write them about timing=Peter=
~Peter~

Return to “Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship”