Documents for Citizenship; Jur Sanguinis

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
HScanio

Documents for Citizenship; Jur Sanguinis

Post by HScanio »

Hello,

Can anyone tell me which documents I need to send for my citizenship. I looked on the Miami Consular website for Italy and they are listing documents only pertaining to US Born person.

I am not from the United States. I was born in Chile, my father in Argentina and my grandparents in Sicily.

I currently live in the Cayman Islands and unfortunately there is no Consular here for me to consult and whenever I call the Miami Consular I only get an automated system and eventually hung up on or no response to my messages.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Grazie!
+Humberto+
elba
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: Documents for Citizenship; Jur Sanguinis

Post by elba »

HScanio wrote:Hello,

Can anyone tell me which documents I need to send for my citizenship. I looked on the Miami Consular website for Italy and they are listing documents only pertaining to US Born person.

I am not from the United States. I was born in Chile, my father in Argentina and my grandparents in Sicily.

I currently live in the Cayman Islands and unfortunately there is no Consular here for me to consult and whenever I call the Miami Consular I only get an automated system and eventually hung up on or no response to my messages.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Grazie!
+Humberto+

Humberto,
Might I suggest that as you were born in Chile that may be where you need to start your search for help with what documentation is required.

Here is a Chilean Site and it gives details of their Consulates in the USA -- why not start by asking them what and where to obtain what may be required

>Chile Abroad<
If you think education is expensive - try ignorance!
"Gente di Mare Genealogy"