Trouble getting a response from commune

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
Tiffany

Trouble getting a response from commune

Postby Tiffany » 02 Oct 2009, 08:58

I hope someone can help.

I have obtained 17 of the 20 documents I need for my application. It has been a long and arduous process. However, I am having a lot of problems getting a response from the commune for the last italian document I need.

It is a death certificate from Castel San Lorenzo from ~1944. Does anybody have any history on working with this commune and any additional information for success. I have previously obtained two documents from them, by writing 6 times. I am approaching same on this request with no luck so far. All of my documentation to them has been in Italian so far.

Thank you.

ricbru
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: Trouble getting a response from commune

Postby ricbru » 02 Oct 2009, 13:36

I suggest you next time you write to italian civil record office add, to your request, an envelope and IRC and copy of your ID, so for sure they will reply to you with no costs from their pocket
In your italian request always state the reason why you need that document
I hope it helps
bye Riccardo

PeterTimber
Master
Master

Postby PeterTimber » 02 Oct 2009, 13:48

1944 was a year before World War II ended in 1945 and perhaps war time maybe a reason for their delay. =Peter=
~Peter~

corrado
Elite
Elite

Postby corrado » 03 Oct 2009, 05:02

If the gentelman did not die in the comune, they will have no record. Are you shure he died there, if he died someone else you will need to write to that place.

Tiffany

Postby Tiffany » 03 Oct 2009, 08:42

Thank you for your replies. Yes I am sure as we have a letter dating back that far from family that they couldn't afford to keep him buried so he would be unearthed and moved or whatever.

Also, I always include a SAE with my mailing. I have been successful with no ID before.

Any other help is appreciated.

Italysearcher
Master
Master

Postby Italysearcher » 04 Oct 2009, 14:08

You might want to read my piece on cemeteries on my website under the category of 'Italian Research'. It will explain why they couldn''t afford to kkep him buried.
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.wordpress.com
ANNOYING THE SAINTS - Stories of my Life in Italy. http://www.lulu.com/content/paperback-b ... ly/7731505

Return to “Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship”