Need help with San Francisco rules interpretation

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
phil100a
Rookie
Rookie

Need help with San Francisco rules interpretation

Postby phil100a » 09 Oct 2009, 23:36

Hi, Hope all are well:

Here's the exact wording from the San Francisco Italian Consulate "Jure Sanguinis" form- with appropriate highlights.

"All certificates must be in “CERTIFIED COPYâ€

iolanda2
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Need help with San Francisco rules interpretation

Postby iolanda2 » 10 Oct 2009, 04:53

Phil, have you spoken with the cousulate in SF?

I believe that you need a certified copy from the agency with all the original information, even if the original information is slightly different than what is outlined, then the translation and apostille should suffice.

Steverino3006
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Steverino3006 » 10 Oct 2009, 14:24

Interesting read on the somewhat ambiguous consulate page. I took that to mean only the birth certificates. I just looked, and marrigae certificates that I have from S.F. only show the state of birth. I would assume if that matches the more detailed info on the birth certificate, that would be fine. Otherwise, we would all find it impossible to meet the paperwork requirement.

I personally would use my interpretation, and not even bother asking the Consulate.

signoretti
Rookie
Rookie

Postby signoretti » 10 Oct 2009, 17:32

Hello ~

I also am dealing with the SF consulate. I have emailed a really nice lady at the consulate named Anna Stone who has answered all of my questions within 3-4 days. You could try emailing her and asking.

cittadinanza.sanfrancisco@esteri.it

To me, it seems they are meaning the birth certificates, not all certificates.

Researching surnames ~ Motta ~ Clerici ~ Ravetta ~ Colli ~ Serroni ~ Signoretti ~

jgenduso
Rookie
Rookie

Postby jgenduso » 10 Oct 2009, 22:38

I interpreted it as birth cert also. I have seen a short form and long form of my kids birth cert and this is one of the differences.

Joseph

Return to “Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship”