Miami Consulate- Certificate of Citizenship

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
Tonio70
Rookie
Rookie

Miami Consulate- Certificate of Citizenship

Postby Tonio70 » 22 Oct 2009, 02:55

I have visited the Miami Consulate a few times regarding various inquiries (i.e documents required, etc) and I was never told to get a Certificate of Citizenship for my GFF from Italy. I did receive his Birth Certificate which shows his parents names etc. The website for the Miami Consulate also does not mention any details about obtaining such a document. Can someone clarify for me if I really do need this document. I have all documents ready for my appointment in August 2010. I made the mistake of making an appointment in person in March 2009 and have to wait until August 2010. All help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Antonio

CowryShells
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Miami Consulate- Certificate of Citizenship

Postby CowryShells » 22 Oct 2009, 12:04

Just to be safe, why don't you get it. You certainly have time and there was no charge when I requested one for my GF. I asked for "il certificato di cittadinanza italiana" and the comune sent it to me.

Return to “Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship”