*** There is a problem with new registrations - Contact us when you did not receive an activation email ***

immigration to the us

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
3 posts • Page 1 of 1

immigration to the us

Postby lachicabambie » 18 Jan 2004, 22:53

My great grandfather is from italy, i dont know enough to tell you from where in italy but his last name was dorsey. His father also from italy with the name dorsey. I know it doesnt seem a common name but that is where i am told he is from. If anyone finds any info on this name please message me on one of my screennames. thank you
*Daniellea*@-*--
lachicabambie

Postby ptimber » 19 Jan 2004, 00:12

There are currently two Dorsey surnamed persons in Italy but they are American or English since they do not have Italian first names and one lives near an American Air Force Base and the other in a Seaport City. The www.ellisisland.org website reflects 311 persons who eneterd the USA but they were all eith Americans returining to the USA from trips abroad or from the British Isles. I suspect that Dorsey may have been spelled differntly like DORSI or D'URSO or something like that. Can you find out from where your Ggranfather came from in Italy. If not the town then the province or area? Peter
ptimber
Master
Master

Postby suanj » 19 Jan 2004, 11:42

as Peter has said; exist in Italy D'Orsi, D'Urso, but also D'Orsa...regards, suanj
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

3 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship