Ready to file in Boston -> Application Submitted 10/28/20

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
bmilazzo
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Ready to file in Boston

Post by bmilazzo »

PM me.
Mulé
Elite
Elite

Re: Ready to file in Boston

Post by Mulé »

bmilazzo wrote:PM me.
Ok. You have been PM'ed... :)
Mulé
Elite
Elite

Re: Ready to file in Boston -> Application Submitted

Post by Mulé »

I had placed calls and emails a couple times this month without a response. So today I drove to the consulate for a response. I arrived shortly after 10am, it would have been 9:30 but there was some traffic. I started out shortly after 8am. There were already 2 people ahead of me in line when I walked through the door at 10:10am. When it was my turn, almost 11:30am I was greeted and I asked about my case. I asked if I should present my newly requested document or start from the top. I was told to start at the top and just laid out the case from m-ggf on down to me including my kids. At the end of this re-discovery process he said that he would take my application. I filled out a small form and he collected the originals. He mentioned that the Consul General would look over and have to approve my file and since most of my documents pertain to PA, that they will have to be sent there, so it would take some time. He asked me a few times if I had any questions, but I couldn't think of any. If I don't hear anything I guess I will check back in with them after a couple of months and the holidays.

Was I supposed to get a case number or receipt when I handed in all those documents?
DeFilippis78
Master
Master

Re: Ready to file in Boston -> Application Submitted 10/2

Post by DeFilippis78 »

So you had an appointment or you just walked in? I know you've been waiting so long to hear from them.
Mulé
Elite
Elite

Post by Mulé »

No appointment, just a walk in. I was not successful requesting an appointment during each prior visit, email, or phone message left. Seemed there always was an issue with a document. Like providing the A2 application for non-blood line family members and such. But I provided everything they asked, everything. Even used the FOIA to find an application I submitted that resulted in the birth record, as the birth record was not sufficient. I hope it all works out and is approved and processed. I started the clock on the process, today is day 1. :) I initially set up 12 reminders, each a month apart. If I don't hear anything in January, I might drop in for a visit to check the status. I would hate to lose 3 months on a problem/issue, but with the holidays, not sure I could do much more anyhow.
DeFilippis78
Master
Master

Post by DeFilippis78 »

Good job Enzo. Just walk right in there and take the bull by the horns!! Now, maybe you will get somewhere :)

Alicia
Mulé
Elite
Elite

Post by Mulé »

I hope it will get somewhere. The application has been submitted, so the only thing I can do now is wait for there to either be an issue, or the arrival of my citizenship letter. :)
DeFilippis78
Master
Master

Post by DeFilippis78 »

Yay! Im happy for you!

Alicia
JavaisLife
Veteran
Veteran

Post by JavaisLife »

Congrats!!! Good luck!

I cannot wait to hear word of your approval! :)
Mulé
Elite
Elite

Post by Mulé »

Thanks. I am counting the days. I hope everything is in order and there are no complications. This has been a very long process for me, and I am glad to be out of the research stage and in the applied/waiting stage. :)
ForzaItaliaPgh
Elite
Elite

Post by ForzaItaliaPgh »

Great to hear you got to submit! That puts you one step closer :)
Researching BARONTINI family from Tuscany
Mulé
Elite
Elite

Post by Mulé »

Hopefully this is the last step, besides getting the passport photos ready. I hope to hear word from the consulate or commune in under a year. :) I will follow up with the consulate in January after the holidays just to make sure there aren't any issues. I would hope that they would call/email/write to notify me sooner if there was an issue though.