Joint Application?

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
scherzo

Joint Application?

Postby scherzo » 16 Nov 2009, 21:25

Has anyone filed a joint application with a sibling or other family member for recognition of citizenship with an Italian consulate? My sister lives abroad which is complicating her application process. I was hoping that if she gives me power of attorney over her, I could apply for her in the states, and ideally, we could use the same ancestor birth certificates.

Any chance I'm not dreaming?

Mulé
Elite
Elite

Re: Joint Application?

Postby Mulé » 17 Nov 2009, 00:17

I am wondering the same thing. I was told today by the Boston consulate that I should initiate the process for my mother's application in Philadelphia and then my process in Boston. I am not sure if this is a joint application or if I need to wait for her application to complete before I file mine. I hope to find out more details when the philly consulate replies to my email or voice mail for a request for an appointment. From what the consular worker told me today, each person who files must use their appropriate consulate serving their residence area. I only have one master set of original documents with an apostille, so I hope that I don't have to do two completely separate applications. If that were the case, I would wait until my mother had her citizenship, then just shorten my documents by using her new Italian birth certificate as my starting point instead of my great grand father. Let us know what you find out.

Return to “Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship”