Jure Sanguinis in Italy?

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
Mulé
Elite
Elite

Jure Sanguinis in Italy?

Postby Mulé » 18 Nov 2009, 17:01

Has anyone had any experience applying for jure sanguinis recognition while residing in Italy. I have search for posts/threads but haven't found any advice or anyone actually trying this route.

Circolare del Ministero dell’interno n. 32 del 13 giugno 2007
Soppressione del permesso di soggiorno per turismo. Iscrizione anagrafica dei discendenti di cittadini italiani per nascita.

Abolition of the residence permit for tourism. Registration of the descendants of Italian citizens by birth.

Circolare del Ministero degli Interni n. 28 del 23 dicembre 2002
Iscrizione anagrafica dei discendenti di cittadini italiani per nascita, per il riconoscimento della cittadinanza italiana

Registration of the descendants of Italian citizens by birth, for the recognition of Italian citizenship.

Has anyone obtained residency then filed for citizenship recognition? Any experiences, advice or tips?

TIA

elba
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: Jure Sanguinis in Italy?

Postby elba » 18 Nov 2009, 17:38

There are several people on Expats in Italy actually testing this route at the moment - the discussions can be found
>HERE<

and current 'in depth' discussions on the "Another Tangodiva DRAMA; HELP!!!!" thread on that page....

If I can be of any help send me a Private Message..

elba
If you think education is expensive - try ignorance!
"Gente di Mare Genealogy"

Mulé
Elite
Elite

Re: Jure Sanguinis in Italy?

Postby Mulé » 18 Nov 2009, 21:56

Thank you very much for the link. I have been reading all day with a glimmer of hopefulness. I am contemplating upping my whole family and trying the process in Italy. Surely I can be seen before my earliest appointment of Feb 2011 in Philadelphia, right?

Return to “Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship”