Just got something from the Commune--Will this be enough??

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
cdevita
Veteran
Veteran

Just got something from the Commune--Will this be enough??

Postby cdevita » 24 Nov 2009, 15:44

Please help--I just woke up this morning and received these docs via email from teh Commune. This morning I was going to send the letter with the IRC's. This does not look very official. No signatures.. SHould I be pushy and ask for certified copies...IS this enough for the Italian Consulate for Dual Citizenship?

HERE IS THE BIRTH CERTIFICATE

http://www.facebook.com/photos.php?id=1 ... 0180342951

cdevita
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Just got something from the Commune--Will this be enough

Postby cdevita » 24 Nov 2009, 15:56

that's the marriage certificate obviously - i mis-marked

cdevita
Veteran
Veteran

I just got another email!!

Postby cdevita » 24 Nov 2009, 18:46

I certificati inviati in allegato alla precedente E-mail sono stati anticipati per posta elettronica per dare una panoramica della situazione e sono privi di firma perchè questo ufficio non è ancora in possesso di firma digitale. Gli stessi certificati, completi di data e firma, saranno immediatamente spediti per posta aerea e spero le arrivino al più presto. Riguardo alla cittadinanza, sugli atti di nascita dei vostri avi non ci sono annotazioni di perdita della cittadinanza, consiglio però di rivolgervi per maggiori dettagli al Consolato Italiano competente per territorio. Suo nonno è nato in Italia ed è uno dei figli indicati sullo stato di famiglia del suo bisnonno Devita Antonio Ciro oppure è nato all'estero?Spieghi al Consolato la storia della sua famiglia, in modo che si possano fare gli opportuni accertamenti sul possesso o perdita della cittadinanza. Occorre far pervenire a questo ufficio le copie degli atti di stato civile di suo nonno (se nato all'estero e se cittadino italiano) e dei suoi genitori (se cittadini italiani).
Cordiali saluti

L'Ufficiale dello Stato civile
Grazia Chirico

Mulé
Elite
Elite

Postby Mulé » 25 Nov 2009, 15:03

The birth certificate shows the father and mother's names. Wait until you see what arrives in the mail, it should have a stamp/signature as the text explains.

Gli stessi certificati, completi di data e firma, saranno immediatamente spediti per posta aerea e spero le arrivino al più presto.

The same certificates, complete with date and signature, will be immediately sent via airmail and I hope they arrive soon.

When it arrives, run it by the consulate for confirmation that it is acceptable if you still have doubts, but IMHO I think it would suffice.

cdevita
Veteran
Veteran

Postby cdevita » 25 Nov 2009, 15:14

Thank you! I am so excited! Do you know if they are going to keep all of my orginial docs when I go the Ital Consul?

Mulé
Elite
Elite

Postby Mulé » 25 Nov 2009, 15:28

Yeah, they keep the original documents. I usually request 3 copies of each document, one to give out, one to keep, and one just in case. :)

cdevita
Veteran
Veteran

Postby cdevita » 25 Nov 2009, 15:59

thanks--I have been getting three but i think that since my daghter has been doing this with me, I should have been getting 4....THANK YOU!!

Mulé
Elite
Elite

Postby Mulé » 25 Nov 2009, 17:27

Where are you going to apply? I would call the consulate and at least ask when their next appointment for citizenship will be. Might make sense to take the appointment while you continue to gather your paperwork/documents.

cdevita
Veteran
Veteran

Postby cdevita » 25 Nov 2009, 17:40

I am applying to Los Angeles

Mulé
Elite
Elite

Postby Mulé » 25 Nov 2009, 17:54

Good luck, let us know when you get your appointment and how it goes.

katier

Postby katier » 25 Nov 2009, 22:47

Los Angeles is giving out appointments about 3 months in advance right now. But if you think you need more time, you can ask for a later appointment.

We called in October 09 and were offered a Jan 2010 appt. Since I wasn't sure we'd have all the docs by then - we requested, and received, an appointment in May 2010. (Better safe than sorry as far as getting everything ready.)

Mulé
Elite
Elite

Postby Mulé » 25 Nov 2009, 22:53

I wonder why Philadelphia is so far out. I am going to try the Boston consulate again to see if I can get an appointment, and not file for my mother in Philadelphia. I don't know why she needs to file first, never heard of that requirement.

cdevita
Veteran
Veteran

Postby cdevita » 26 Nov 2009, 03:12

thanks--I have been getting three but i think that since my daughter has been doing this with me, I should have been getting 4....THANK YOU!!

Mulé
Elite
Elite

Postby Mulé » 26 Nov 2009, 13:22

I always request a few extra should something get lost in the mail on it's way for apostille or back or whatever. Just didn't want to redo a step from the start. Always best to have a couple extra on hand just in case. Although now I have a few extras of some really old documents that I won't have a use for, like great grand fathers marriage license application and such. :)

Return to “Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship”