NYC Dept of Health and Hygiene and Birth Certificates!

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
cdevita
Veteran
Veteran

NYC Dept of Health and Hygiene and Birth Certificates!

Postby cdevita » 04 Dec 2009, 06:11

I know this is an old discussion but I guess I am so over flooded with info. I am narrowing down which docs are still out there to get and there remains only 3-all similar. My father's (1936) birth certificate (his parents deceased-he was born in Brooklyn, NY), my Grandfather's (1912)Birth Certificate (born Brooklyn, NY) and my Grandmother's (1912) Birth Certificate (born in Brooklyn, NY). I only have 2 choices: 1. Write a letter to the NYC Department of Health and Hygiene and supply them with docs showing my lineage and offering cause or 2. Appeal to the Italian Consolato and ask for a letter on letterhead which requests these docs. The Italian Consolato happens to be in Phoenix this weekend for a panel discussion on dual citizenship and it just so happens I found out about it in freak circumstance and going to ask for the letter. OR I could also get a court order...Any suggestions? Will the letter and supporting documentation from me be enough?? What have been your experiences?

Return to “Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship”