App. for It. Citizenship in Italy

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
iolanda2
Veteran
Veteran

App. for It. Citizenship in Italy

Post by iolanda2 »

I think it might be easier for me to apply for my Italian citizenship in Italy, with the Comune where my Mother was born.
Would love to hear from anyone who has experience thinking about or going this route?

Iolanda in Calfiornia
johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

Re: App. for It. Citizenship in Italy

Post by johnnyonthespot »

iolanda2 wrote:I think it might be easier for me to apply for my Italian citizenship in Italy, with the Comune where my Mother was born.
Would love to hear from anyone who has experience thinking about or going this route?

Iolanda in Calfiornia
This subject has been discussed in detail on another board, ExpatTalk, at the ExpatsInItaly website.
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

www.italiandualcitizenship.com/id50.htm is a website that will clarify your question concerning residing in Italy for dual citizenship which apparently is easier to do. =Peter=
~Peter~
Mulé
Elite
Elite

Post by Mulé »

maybe I missed it, but that link to the FAQ doesn't really touch on the aspect of jure sanguinis applications being filed in Italy. The expat talk site seems to be having some difficulties at the moment, but this thread is what you want to read when it becomes available:
http://expattalk.com/groupee/forums/a/t ... 26724/p/12