Benefits of dual citizenship

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
bstout

Benefits of dual citizenship

Post by bstout »

I am considering persuing dual citizenship. USA/Italian through my Italian born mother. What are the benefits of dual citizenship? What if my husband and I want to retire and spend winters in Italy...or if our children want to work in Italy or the EU?

Grazie,
Barbara
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

Go to www.myitalianfamily.com and ask. Peter
lemarche

Re: Benefits of dual citizenship

Post by lemarche »

bstout wrote:I am considering persuing dual citizenship. USA/Italian through my Italian born mother. What are the benefits of dual citizenship? What if my husband and I want to retire and spend winters in Italy...or if our children want to work in Italy or the EU?

Grazie,
Barbara
Barbara
go to http://www.myitalianfamily.com/record/requirements.html
for great assistance. They are professional and not pushy. your mother must have had Italian citizenship at the time of your birth. Rather, she didnt formaly become and American at the time of your birth for you to obtain citizenship.
Just a few benefits emerge out of dual nationality. you may live or work
ANYWHERE in the EU and not just Italy. Your kids may go to school and live in England while going to Oxford as an example of some general benefits.
be careful of Italian taxes and when they apply to you after moving there so get an attorney.
lemarche
ptimber
Master
Master

Re: Benefits of dual citizenship

Post by ptimber »

Mr. M\Lemarche I have already furnished her with the website. Your duplication is unecessary and redudant. I would suggest you read the inquiries from the beginning so you don't become a "ditto". Peter