no need for mother's birth cert?

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
removelardo

no need for mother's birth cert?

Postby removelardo » 30 Dec 2009, 21:46

Greetings,

I am working on obtaining my italian citizenship through my paternal grandfather.

I noticed through the consulate in Miami website that there is no mention of a need for my grandmother's birth or death cert. nor for my mother's given that I am applying through my paternal grandfather who was born there. Is this correct?

Also, does anyone have a letter drafted to request a birth certificate from Italy that I could use, just change the name of the comune?

Thanks for the help.

vj
Master
Master

Re: no need for mother's birth cert?

Postby vj » 30 Dec 2009, 22:09

removelardo wrote:...Also, does anyone have a letter drafted to request a birth certificate from Italy that I could use, just change the name of the comune?

Hello!
This Italian Citizenship Forum has some very nice templates:
http://www.italiancitizenship.freeforums.org/

johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

Postby johnnyonthespot » 30 Dec 2009, 23:27

vj wrote:
removelardo wrote:...Also, does anyone have a letter drafted to request a birth certificate from Italy that I could use, just change the name of the comune?

Hello!
This Italian Citizenship Forum has some very nice templates:
http://www.italiancitizenship.freeforums.org/

Or, just use one of the great forms I recently came across while browsing the United States in Italy Embassy website.

removelardo

Postby removelardo » 30 Dec 2009, 23:41

thanks. I recieved this e-mail from the consulate regarding my question about my mother's and grandmother's birth cert

"We need all the certificates of the Italian line; tthose of the spouses may be very useful, especially in case of discrepancies in names, dates, etc.
Regards.
Cit. Office"

I think I can interpret that as meaning if is a real hassle to get, not to worry, but if I can it would be better to have all of the certificates.

PeterTimber
Master
Master

Postby PeterTimber » 31 Dec 2009, 01:08

Sounds that way so perhaps if you can dig one or two up fromthe pile, as it were, it shows "A for effort" and see if he takes the bait. =Peter=
~Peter~

Return to “Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship”